Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A short one this time

Hi all,

The reasons, I haven't written a new post for a long time are many. For starters, I am terribly disappointed with my CAT results this year and I somehow couldn't summon any energy to sit down and write stuff. Also,office hours have been a bit too long for the past fortnight, so time was an issue too.

Anyways, I am expecting a couple of exciting changes in the very near future, so maybe that will be an incentive for me to get back to my blog with renewed vigor.

Next weekend mom is coming over. I have promised her that I will take her to an IPL match. She wants to see Dhoni in action, hopefully the experience will turn out to be as good as the hype surrounding it.

Off the topic note: Yesterday, when I was returning from office, I saw a small child selling panipuris in a makeshift stall, near the mall besides my flat. He looked exceedingly poor and he had a pleading look in his eyes, as if literally begging for people to buy his stuff. It was past 11 p.m. at that time, so I doubt anyone was in the mood to have a snack then. I wanted to help him, maybe give a 10 rupee note or some food. But, I didn't. I still don't know what stopped me. Was I too stingy to part with even 10 or 20 bucks and help that poor child? Or was I conscious that people might stare at me, if I went and talked to that boy and offered him food. Or was I afraid of what that boy will think of me? Whatever the reason, the end result was that I didn't do anything, I continued on my way home, had my dinner and went to sleep.

Maybe it's true that we are actually dead from inside. We are too scared/conscious of performing even good deeds. I once thought that these emotions are reserved only for bad or evil stuff. But, my own example has shown me how wrong I am.

That hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment